Follow us

Stay Connected

In 1903, James Miller came from Ontario to the area which is now Kane and farmed 31-4-2W. A railway siding was constructed, and a town site surveyed on the northwest corner of the farm. Residents of the area wanted to call the new town Miller, but the C.N.R. insisted on calling it Kane. Walter Kane farmed a large scale spread between there and Sperling. Later, he founded Kane Equipment Limited. Kane Elevator was built 1918.