Follow us

Stay Connected

History Categories

1904 Telephone Communication

03/02/2015

                              How the times have changed! Back in 1904, a long distant line connecting Morris, Dominion City and Emerson was put through.


Rural Municipality of Morris Logo – May 11, 1880

                                        The RM of Morris adopted a new logo on January 14, 2015, making our previous logo a historical piece of our history.


Sperling Catholic Church

10/01/2014

It was in the year 1930 that Father Gustave Couture became parish priest in Starbuck and he became very enthused about Sperling having a little church of its own, so he started to organize the people in doing something about it. By 1935, through Father Couture’s zeal and enthusiasm, they had gathered $650.00 and with […]


Sperling Girls Team Inducted into the MB Softball Hall of Fame…

09/01/2014

1947 TO 1952 SPERLING GIRLS SOFTBALL TEAM  INDUCTED INTO THE MANITOBA SOFTBALL HALL OF FAME & MUSEUM INC. In 1947 in the small community of Sperling with a population of two hundred, Donald Thom, the High School Principal,organized a girls softball team. The team went undefeated winning twenty-one tournament and exhibition games that first year. […]


Sperling History

28/11/2012

Sperling was first known as Mariposa. It was the location (Dawson’s Corner) of a post office operated by a Mr. and Mrs. Bennett. It was opened shortly after the arrival of the first settlers to this area. The first family, the Adam Waddells, originating previously from Egermont, Ontario, arrived at Taylor’s Bluff in the spring […]


Skip to toolbar