Follow us

Stay Connected

History Categories

1904 Telephone Communication

03/02/2015

                              How the times have changed! Back in 1904, a long distant line connecting Morris, Dominion City and Emerson was put through.


Lowe Farm Ball Player 1910-1915

Picture Post Card of Lowe Farm ball player from 1910-1915.


Rural Municipality of Morris Logo – May 11, 1880

                                        The RM of Morris adopted a new logo on January 14, 2015, making our previous logo a historical piece of our history.


Nocolai J. & Anna Heide

29/11/2012

Nocolai J. Heide was born in the Horndean district in April 1896. He married Anna Goertzen of Morden in 1919 in the Winkler Mennonite Brethren Church.


Lowe Farm History

28/11/2012

The story of Lowe Farm began in the early 1880’s. Around the year 1882 three Englishmen, J. Lowe, Mr. Rose, and Mr. Hope, who apparently were men of means and influence, obtained large tracts of land at very low cost in the area west of Morris and immediately north of the Mennonite West Reserve.


John Lowe Founder of Lowe Farm

07/10/2012

John Lowe was born February 20, 1824, in Warrington England, son of James Lowe and Anne Clarke. After studying in a private school, he set sail for Montreal in 1841, where on arriving found employment a fur trading – house. He soon discovered that he preferred literature to business and began a lifelong habit of reading for five or six hours […]


Skip to toolbar