THE RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF MORRIS
BOARD OF REVISION
Public notice is hereby given that the 2023 preliminary assessment roll for the Rural Municipality of Morris will be delivered to the Municipal office at 207 Main Street North in Morris, Manitoba in August and is open for public inspection during regular business hours. Applications for revision may be in accordance with section 42 and 43 of the Assessment Act:
42(1) A person in whose name property has been assessed, a mortgagee in possession of property under section 114(1) of the Real Property Act, an occupier of premises who is required under the terms of a lease to pay the taxes on the property, or the assessor may make application for the revision of an assessment roll with respect to:
- a) liability to taxation;
- b) amount of an assessed value;
- c) classification of property; or
- d) a refusal by an assessor to amend the assessment roll under subsection 13(2)
43(1) An application for revision must
- a) be made in writing;
- b) set out the roll number and legal description of the assessable property for which a revision is sought.
- c) state the grounds on which the application is based; and
- d) be filed by delivering it or causing it to be delivered to the municipal office on or before Monday, September 26th, 2022.
The Board of Revision will sit on Wednesday, October 12th, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at the Rural Municipality of Morris Administration Office located at 207 Main Street North in Morris, Manitoba, to hear applications for revisions to 2023 assessments and 2022 supplementary tax notices.
Dated this 11th day of August, 2022
Larry Driedger, CMMA
Chief Administrative Officer
R.M. of Morris
207 Main Street North
Morris, Manitoba R0G 1K0