THE RURAL MUNICIPALITY OF MORRIS
BOARD OF REVISION
Public notice is hereby given that the 2020 assessment roll for the Rural Municipality of Morris has been delivered to the Municipal office at 207 Main Street North in Morris, MB and is open for public inspection during regular business hours. Applications for revision may be in accordance with section 42 and 43 of the Assessment Act:
42(1) A person in whose name property has been assessed, a mortgagee in possession of property under section 114(1) of the Real Property Act, an occupier of premises who is required under the terms of a lease to pay the taxes on the property, or the assessor may make application for the revision of an assessment roll with respect to:
- a) liability to taxation;
- b) amount of an assessed value;
- c) classification of property; or
- d) a refusal by an assessor to amend the assessment roll under subsection 13(2)
43(1) An application for revision must
- a) be made in writing;
- b) set out the roll number and legal description of the assessable property for which a revision is sought.
- c) state the grounds on which the application is based; and
- d) be filed by delivering it or causing it to be delivered to the municipal office on or before Monday, September 23rd, 2019.
The Board of Revision will sit on Wednesday, October 9th, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. in the Council chamber of the Rural Municipality of Morris to hear applications for revisions to 2020 assessments and 2019 supplementary tax notices.
Dated this 28th day of June, 2019
Larry Driedger, CMMA
Chief Administrative Officer
R.M. of Morris
207 Main Street North
Morris, Manitoba R0G 1K0