We have 5 large recycling bins around the Municipality. Locations below:
- Rosenort Landfill (NE 9-6-1E)
- Lowe Farm Landfill (24059 Rd 5W)
- Sperling (at the corner of station st & new street, 2 New St.)
- Sewell (18133 Recksiedler Rd.)
- Aubigny (at the corner of PR 205E & PR 246, 30187 PR 246)
There is not cost for this service.
EPIC de St.Malo Inc./SMILE of St.Malo Inc.
PLEASE PLACE ALL YOUR RECYCLABLES IN
BLUE RECYCLING BINS
(the use of recycling bags IS NOT required)
***ONLY SORTING ASKED – Please try to keep paper separate***
Recycling Guide (pdf)
THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS ACCEPTED IN OUR RECYCLING FACILITY ARE:
1) ALUMINUM BEVERAGE CANS (Pop/Beer/etc.):
2) TIN CANS:
3) PAPER: All newspapers, flyers, books, magazines, office paper, phone books & wrapping paper
4) CARDBOARD: All cardboard (PLEASE FLATTEN)
5) MILK CARTONS & TETRA-PAK JUICE BOXES:
6) GLASS AND JARS: Bottles and jars
7) PLASTICS: #1 – Soft drink bottles – PLEASE REMOVE ALL CAPS
:#2 – Milk jugs, ice cream pails, margarine, yogurt, pill, shampoo, liquid laundry detergent containers, etc.
:#4, #5 and #7 – Margarine, Ketchup & MISC containers
For sanitary/safety reasons PLEASE RINSE ALL CONTAINERS
PLEASE CHECK BOTTOM OF CONTAINERS FOR THE FOLLOWING SYMBOLS:
PLEASE KEEP RECYCLING BAGS AT A MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF 10 KG (20 LBS).
*****WE DO NOT RECYCLE THE FOLLOWING*****
All Styrofoam (including egg containers), used paper plates & napkins, tissues, diapers, food scraps, plastic bags, etc.
Any bags or boxes containing any of these garbage items or are over 20lbs will be left behind
WE DO NOT RECYCLE THE FOLLOWING PLASTICS:
Any #3, or #6, motor oil containers or any containers that carry these symbols:
(danger or combustable)
There is no charge for curbside pickup within town limits. For all other residents wishing to recycle, there are 5 depots systems around the Municipality, or bring your recyclables directly to:
EPIC / SMILE of St. Malo Depot at 120 St. Malo Street, St. Malo, MB.
Light Bulbs and Paint Recycling
Morris Home Hardware now accepts light bulbs and paint for recycling. Please make use of this service they are offering and stop by during business hours to drop off your old light bulbs and paint rather than throwing them away!
For more information click on the links below.
Used Oil Recycling
Drop off your used oil containers at the Town Public Works yard (459 Boyne W) at any time of the year and receive a free replacement container of oil! (While supplies last). Please contact the Town of Morris Public Works at (204) 746-2532 for drop offs. Please visit the MARRC (Manitoba Association for Resource Recovery Corp.) website for more information on used oil recycling.
Compost site located at the entrance of the Rosenort Landfill
- Grass clippings and small branches only
- Please empty bags onto pile
- Please put empty bags into barrels
- No other dumping allowed